Wednesday 23 April 2014

Electric shock: Urban Decay's new masterpiece!

On Good Friday I had the pleasure of attending Urban Decay's Electric "Secret Launch" party in Cardiff. Lots of other beauty bloggers have already covered the event itself, such as Rachel and the gals at CSI Beauty Blog, but what I wanted to talk about was the product itself. Since learning of its imminent launch a couple of months ago- I had been frantic with anticipation. When I THEN learned that my local Urban Decay stockists would be holding the "secret" (not so much of a secret for anyone who follows @UDCardiff on Twitter) launch party, I was like a child waiting for Christmas. So let's not hang about, we all know that I raced straight from the event to Debenhams, to buy my palette, and here it is (apologies for its appearance, I literally couldn't wait to get my mitts on/into it.


From the unmissable outer casing to each of the buttery soft, pigment explosions inside, there is nothing cautious about this palette. Everything about it screams "LOOK AT ME" and you can't help but stick your fingers into the pans (clearly - sorry again about that) to see if the colour payoff is as unbelievable as it looks - the answer is yes.

At this point, there are a couple of things to remember. The first - and maybe most important - is that NOBODY needs to look at this and try to figure out where they would wear a fuschia, cyan and acid-green eye look (everywhere, obviously). If you like a neutral eye, this could be the teensy pop of brightness you were looking for, to spice things up. If your day-to-day is a straightforward winged liner, why not use these? Applied alone with a wet brush, or to boost the impact of a colourful pencil liner, you could really stir up your go-to look!

The second biggie to remember: these are NOT eyeshadows, or should I say not JUST eyeshadows. These are pressed pigments. Do not feel restricted to using these on your lids! Why not put the beautiful orange-red 'Slowburn' or gorgeous hot pink 'Savage' through their paces as blusher? Why stop there? If you're feeling really adventurous, go for one of the other colours! Better yet, do what I did and make yourself some custom lip colours? Mix and match different amounts of different colours to create some bold lip looks! I have a blog post in the pipeline regarding that, as it happens.

I think I'm going to walk away now before I destroy what's left of my furiously-typing fingers!

Watch. This. Space.

Have a beautiful day, Lovelies!

Char xx

No comments:

Post a Comment