Wednesday 26 February 2014

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

Hello there!

Wow, so it's been quite a few days since my last little blog adventure.

Well anyway, I'm back now, and I'm doing a sort of on-the-fly review of the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner that I received in my February Birchbox.



As some of you will already know, my greatest makeup love is eye makeup, but more than anything, I am a FIEND for a good eyeliner. That goes double for liquid eyeliner, so as you can imagine, I was pretty excited to see this little treasure in my Birchbox. 

Historically, I've not been an enormous fan of liquid eyeliners with a sort of felt-pen nib. I often find them too chunky, and the product itself too inconsistent and streaky. BUT I always maintain that it's worth trying everything once, because you'll never know what might turn out to be a keeper!

I've been using the pen to line my eyes for work for the last couple of days, with no primer/setting spray, or indeed, any other makeup. I have to say, it holds up pretty well. It's not as waterproof/smudgeproof as my beloved Urban Decay 24/7 liquid eyeliner, but actually, because of that, it gives a less stark overall look, softening up what might otherwise be quite a harsh cat-eye/winged liner. Also, due to having a pen-like nib, rather than a brush, it's much easier to apply quickly, while I'm on the move, which I LOVE. 

The staying power is obviously much better on the top lashline than it is on the bottom, as my eyes are on par with Niagara Falls in terms of general wateriness, but at the end of the working day, there's always a hint of a smokey line under my lashes, so all is not lost. The liquid liner itself isn't totally opaque, and does apply a tiny bit unevenly, but I feel that you wouldn't notice this unless you were standing inches from my face, and specifically scrutinising my eyeliner! Also, bonus points for the fact that the nib isn't chunky and awkward, and applies a smooth, precise line.

I think if I had to score it, I'd rate the Eyeko Skinner Liquid Eyeliner at around 8/10, if only for the convenience of the product!

I would LOVE to show you photos of this in action, but unfortunately, my eyebrows look a hot mess right now as I'm trying to grow them back a bit thicker. I am not willing to subject you to the horror of an up-close and personal shot of my general eye area just yet!

I hope you enjoyed my little review! If you're interested in my non-makeup life, I am currently participating in a head-to-head challenge with my friend Scott on my other blog, the progress of which can be followed on our Facebook page! The current challenge (as surprisingly chosen by Scott) is candle-making! I'd love to build up some more support for Team Charley, so I will love you forever if you'd pledge your allegiance over on Facebook!

Have yourself a beautiful day, Lovelies :)

Charley xx



No comments:

Post a Comment