Monday 8 December 2014

Festive and Fiery - A Christmas Colour Explosion!

First off, I don't think it's any secret that I'm a drama queen, so I don't think that it's going to come as a surprise that it didn't take me long to create a video tutorial for this dramafest:






I LOVE how this turned out (full face pic at the end of the post), so I really hope you like it too :) It goes without saying that The Electric Palette is the focal point of this look - but the other absolute stars are the e.l.f. HD cream blush and the e.l.f. cream eyeliner. I love these products and they have permanent places in my 'makeup essentials' (and my heart).

As I mention in the video, I really feel like this season is the ultimate in terms of being able to experiment with colour, and more daring looks. If you're typically a 'neutrals & nudes' sort of gal - this is your time to mix it up! If you're a colour-junkie like me, then you're probably already in your element :)

So the product breakdown is as follows:


Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion (anti-ageing)
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (milk)
UD Naked 3 Palette - 'Limit' on crease
UD Smoked Palette -  'Kinky'  & 'Freestyle' as blending/transition shades
UD Electric Palette - 'Slowburn' (inner), 'Jilted' (outer) & 'Urban' (outer V & above crease)
e.l.f cream eyeliner - Black - mahoosive winged liner on upper lashline
UD 24/7 Liquid Liner - 'Perversion' (lower lashline)
UD 24/7 Glide-On Pencil - 'Empire' (waterline and a little on outer top lashline)
Eyelure Volume 100 Lashes
UD Naked Flushed Palette: Highlighter (inner corner highlight and mixed with Naked3 'Strange' for brow highlight.

Face:
Smashbox Colour Correcting Primer - Green
UD Naked Skin Beauty Balm applied with Urban Decay's Good Karma Optical Blurring brush
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick applied with Urban Decay's Optical Blurring brush
UD De-Slick Mattifying Powder (using giant fluffy powder brush from Barry M)
e.l.f. HD cream blush - 'Headliner' applied with e.l.f. small stipple brush

Lips:
Maybelline Baby Lips (applied before makeup started)
Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain - '001 - Honey' - a beautiful nude to complement any bold eye look.

I really hope you liked the look and the video - if you have any comments, questions or feedback, I'd love to hear from you! You can tweet me at @CharleyShadow or just comment on this post or the YouTube tutorial!

Have a beautful day, lovelies!
Char xx







No comments:

Post a Comment