Sunday 26 January 2014

Payday Beauty Gifts (from me, to me)!

Well, I got paid last week, so it stands to reason that THIS week, I would have some lovely beauty treats in my ammo.

I went shopping in Cardiff yesterday, and stocked up on a few staple items that I go back to again and again, including the Cucumber daily facial scrub, the essential makeup remover wipes (I usually go for the cucumber ones, but they were out of stock, so I grabbed the plain) and the cucumber eye makeup remover pads. Although I LOVE this range, I've not actually tried the pads before- first impression is that they're a tad oily-feeling (not a big fan of that) but they DO get the job done.


As I was going for a night out, I picked up a Goody 'Simple Styles Bun Spiral' (top right of photo). It's basically a big metal coil with a diameter of 2-3 inches. You sling your hair back into a ponytail, wrap it/twist it into a bun, and twist the spiral into it, in a clockwise direction. I did mine with a pretty loose bun, and I've used a couple of hairpins to control any crazy flyaways, but this is literally a two-minute messy updo. THOROUGHLY recommend. I just know I'm going to use this on the daily.

As you can see from the photo, I also picked up a couple of cheeky Urban Decay treats, but I'm testing out the B6 spray for a few weeks before I go into any detail about that. I also want to see if any long-term use of the 'De-Slick' mattifying powder will have any repercussions on the drier patches of my face.

What have you treated yourself to this January? Let me know in the comments, or tweet me at @CharleyShadow :)

Seeya next time beauties, thanks for popping along!

Charley xx



No comments:

Post a Comment